Stories come out of living the life we have been given and sharing that personal account with others.
When it comes to knowledge, we can’t offer more than we have. Nonetheless, it is imperative to share what we can when it comes to the gift of understanding. I learned this as I entered the confessional. In sharing what was in my heart, the priest sitting on the other side of the divided screen offered these words of wisdom, “What you have is not for you alone, but meant to be shared with others.” At first, I did not understand what he meant. Yet, as I walked out the door with the blue sky above my head, I could feel the presence of the Holy Spirit fill me with utterance and discernment, as those fifteen words replayed in my brain. This giving me the clarity… my joy in life comes from serving others.
There are open doors and opportunities all around us, through the means of communication, to deliver all that God has entrusted us with. As Johannes Gutenberg, a German goldsmith, was given the knowledge to bring us the printing press and Alexander Graham Bell a Scottish-born inventor, scientist, and engineer, delivered the gift of the telephone or Lawrence Gilman Roberts an American engineer who came through with the Internet; It was Mary a first-century Galilean Jewish woman of Nazareth, the wife of Joseph, who opened the door and gracefully gave birth to our Lord and Savior Jesus, our only true Connection with God.
What is God calling you to do? I may not know what it is, but I do know it is important. From the very beginning when He created this world, He had a plan. God’s Word is a reminder and comforter to this truth. Here are just five Bible verses that prove God’s love for us and that He has a great plan for this life that He has given to us.
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” [Jeremiah 1:5]
- “Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” [Luke 12:7]
- “From one man He made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.” [Acts 17:26]
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” [Jeremiah 29:11]
- “He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of His own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,” [2 Timothy 1:9]
The next step is up to us. Writing Your Story 2021, is more important than ever. The call to take what we have been given and share it with others is so important. As God does not force Himself on our right to choose, it is my prayer that in our time together God would give us clarity, hope and inspirational-motivation. May we take charge of this life God has given to us with our own God- given gifts and circumstances and unique stories and use them to serve and bless others. May God’s grace enlighten us to be more empowered to move in the directions we may have otherwise avoided or didn’t think possible.
“May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace.” [Numbers 6:24-26]
A teacher is not so much responsible for what our students know, but more so for the seeds we plant to help them grow.
Father in the Name of Jesus, by the power and grace of the Holy Spirit, be with us, direct our path, fill us with the riches of Your grace, transform our mind with a healthy balance that is good for our body and soul. Guide us with Your gracious love, that we may press forward to being all that You created us to be. In Your Holy Name we pray… Amen
Sweet blessings in 2021 and always,